Many people who own vehicles normally attend to them so passionately and are always ready to incur expenses just to ensure that their vehicles stay in good condition. Some of the things they do include changing spare parts, fitting additional components which were not put by the manufacturers, like alarm lock and many other things. The owner tends to offer special attention to the vehicle because it plays a key part in his daily routine and life. For example, when he is out of the house, he is either in the vehicle driving to or from work or is running some important errands using the vehicle.
One of the components which the vehicle owners take seriously is the vehicle pioneer head unit. Head unit is a key component in cars because of the entertainment and the enjoyment that come from their usage. Many vehicle owners love to have a good head unit that allows or offers more usages. The pioneer head unit which is commonly and mainly used is the din head unit. It comes both as single din head unit and double din head units. You therefore can buy either of the two according to your preference. A key determining factor when it comes to buying these head units is the size of dashboard plate your vehicle has. A face plate measuring 7×2 inches would work well with single din head unit while a plate of 7×4 inches works well with pioneer double din head unit.
Are you there curious to know some of the best pioneer double din head units for cars? Below are some of the best head units available in the market today. They have different set of features including pricing and also vary in terms of functionality.
Top Rated Pioneer Double Din Head Units of 2015
Pioneer's NEX in-dash systems are a few of the most sophisticated car head units on the marked today, putting ...
This is one of the best-selling pioneer double din head units today, not just for its fair pricing but also for the ...
Pioneer introduces the new AVH-X2800BS which attributes the same customizable functions as the NEX line which are ...
Showstopper Pioneer has created a dynamic addition to your dash with their FH-X720BT CD receiver. You can choose ...
Your phone, your choice Pioneer built their flagship AVH-4100NEX DVD receiver around the next evolution of the ...
Key Features of Pioneer Double din Radios
Every product has features which every buyer considers before settling on buying that particular product. In the case of pioneer double din head units, there also are certain features which may attract your attention to a given head unit. From the list of the pioneer double din head units available, there are some common valued features which cut across the selected pioneer double din head units.
Some of the features include;
- Illumination effects
- Wireless remote controls
- Touchscreen in dash receiver
- Many other features.
3 reviews of great Pioneer Head Units
This is one of the best-selling pioneer double din head units today, not just for its fair pricing but also for the services it offers to car owners. With just $269, you will receive a very powerful tool that not only serves as a media playing tool but also as a navigation tool which gives you the direction.
This product has built in HD Radio, has an in-built dashboard measuring 6.1-inch touchscreen DVD receiver. It has an app mode with mirror link and GPS which helps in navigation. This pioneer double din head unit also has a remote control which helps you to control it while driving as well as Bluetooth to seamlessly connect your Iphone or Android phone with out problems , and comes as well with a powerful CD/CD-R/CD-RW, MP3/WMA Playback/24FM/6AM presets. It has a great power output that contains a peak of 50 watts x 4 Channels/ RMS 17 Watts x 4 Channels. It comes also with a warranty period of one year.
This Pioneer head unit has a maximum power of 50 watts per channel with four channels. This translates to a total of 200 watts built-in. This gives you more than enough to power any type of car speakers installed in your car.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1″ touchscreen
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility) — optional adapter required for viewing video content
- playback and control through USB of music files on compatible Android devices
- MirrorLink ready
- Pandora Internet radio control
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear A/V input, rear video output, rear A/V and USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
The AVH-X3600BHS will play your music, no matter what medium you prefer. You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the rear USB input and use the receiver’s controls to access your playlists, while tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search get you to the song you want quickly. Android users aren’t left out in the cold. If your Android phone supports the media transfer protocol (MTP), you’ll be able to browse and play back the music that’s stored on your phone, no extra app required.
Another wonderful and powerful Receiver is this functional Pioneer FHX-720BT double din Bluetooth DVD Multimedia stereo. With an in-built Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming, you can easily make the phone calls, and apart from this, you will also realise just how the audio is clear and works very greatly. The moment you enter your car, you can connect your phone to the radio, where important features such as your phone book, missed calls, received calls and even the dialled calls will be displayed.
Also built in, is the powerful MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels) and MIXTRAX, through which you can play your favorite music non-stop.
This head unit has great and fantastic sound, impeccable Bluetooth connectivity as well as quality radio functionality. It is also easy to install and has great customization options.
- Pioneer FH-X720BT In-Dash Receiver
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- Power Output: – Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels – RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Variable color illumination allows you to precisely match your vehicle’s interior
- Integrated iOS device controls
- MIXTRAX allows for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- Remote control included
- CD/CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA
- AM/FM tuner
- iPod and iPhone Ready: Standard USB-to-iPod Cable and USB-to-Lightning Cablecompatible
- Direct Pandora control for iOS devices – Create new Pandora stations from current song or artist
- Android Media Transfer Protocol through a USB-to-Micro USB cable
- 5-band graphic equalizer
- Advanced Sound Receiver provides improved sound quality from compressed files
- 3-level loudness
- 3.5mm Front Audio Auxiliary Input
- Front USB Input
- Built-in low and high pass filters
- Subwoofer level control
- CD text information display
- MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Dual phone pairing allows for 2 devices to be paired at once
- Bluetooth Guest mode
- Unpaired iOS devices receive automatic prompt to pair when connected to USB
- Wirelessly browse your music library via AVRCP 1.5
- Supports A2DP audio streaming
- Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones
- Wideband Speech (HFP 1.6) – Double bandwidth over traditional Bluetooth frequencies
- Includes a external wired microphone for clear, convenient talking
The FH-X720BT 2-DIN CD receiver features Pioneer’s MIXTRAX technology, built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming, Pandora for iPhone, and direct control of an iPod/iPhone via USB. The multi-line, multi-segmented LCD display with LED backlight is 35% larger than previous models and offers improved visibility and legibility. Customize your sound with a 5-band graphic equalizer, high-pass and low-pass filter settings, and subwoofer control.
Pioneer In-Dash Double DIN Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth, FH-X700BT is a Head Unit with great sound and easy to use interface. It has lots of customizable options which make it even great and a wonderful choice.
This Head Unit has both the MIXTRAX and the iPod support, a Bluetooth connectivity which comes with a microphone, 24 FM and 6 AM presets, CD/CD-R/USB/AUX Port Playback which plays clear music once EQ, SLA, Loudness Level, SRT and Bass Boost have been set.
It also comes with BT Audio (A2DP), which streams music from the connected device to the radio. A tuner is also well fitted in this head unit, which displays station data as well as artist and song title.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices (see Details)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- Pandora control through iPhone
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons
- fits double-DIN (4″-tall) dash openings
- remote control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- built in iPod control — no adapter necessary, but adding Pioneer’s optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- Android control through USB (requires free Pioneer Connect App)
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
Bluetooth lets you can answer a call coming in on your compatible phone with the push of a button on the receiver. You’ll talk like your caller is sitting next to you, freeing up your hands and letting you concentrate on the drive. The FH-X700BT supports Bluetooth audio streaming too, so you can stream music wirelessly from compatible devices to the receiver, plus control basic functions like track up or down.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Top Rated Pioneer Double Din Head Units of 2015
- 0.2 Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
- 0.3 PIONEER AVH-X3600BHS
- 0.4 Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
- 0.5 Pioneer FHX-720BT
- 0.6 Pioneer AVH-4100NEX
- 0.7 Key Features of Pioneer Double din Radios
- 1 3 reviews of great Pioneer Head Units
- 1.1 1. Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS 6.1-Inch Double Din Touch screen HD Mixtrax Player
- 1.2 2. Pioneer FHX-720BT Double-DIN Bluetooth
- 1.3 3. Pioneer FH-X700BT Double Din Bluetooth Radio