Shopping for a spy camera is not an easy task. The market is filled with amazing brands. However, one brand that stands out is Canon. Its M50 and M100 are two notable cameras that you can choose from to capture the best pictures and videos.
The Canon M50 is a mirror-less camera and the M100 is another option that you can opt for. It is a step ahead of previous cameras as it captures sport 4K videos. However, it can be difficult to decide which model to get. But, there is no need to worry because we have got you covered. This post takes a close look at the two cameras so that you can make that final decision. Let’s get started.
Are There Any Similarities Between the Canon M50 and M100?
As both of the cameras are made by Canon, there are bound to be some similarities. These are mentioned below.
• Bluetooth, NFC, and Wifi
• Dual Pixel AF System
• APS-C Sensor
The Canon M50 is an amazing mirror-less system camera that comes with the Canon ED-M mount lenses. It has a 24 megapixel camera which captures 4K/ 24p videos. A great thing about the camera is that it has an electronic viewfinder and the perfect 3’ LCD which is the perfect size for most people. The swivel touch screen is user intuitive and provides the ideal experience. Moreover, the Canon M50 offers 10 shutter flaps each second and can capture as much as 235 shots for each battery charge. The best part is that it only weighs 390 grams.
Pros of Canon M50
• The Canon M50 is a modern camera that is easy to use and has a lot to offer.
• It features a hot shoe which provides better lighting for all the videos and pictures.
• The camera is perfect for capturing time-lapse photography as it has a built-in interval meter which makes low frequency shooting easy.
• Users also get to shoot at faster frequencies to capture the best moments in life.
• The swivel screen of the Canon M50 offers more flexibility for shooting in landscape and portrait orientations.
• The electronic viewfinder ensures easier framing for settings control and image composition.
• It offers higher quality sound recording as it connects with the external microphone.
• You will; also achieve better video quality and JPGs.
The Canon M100 is also a mirror-less camera that comes with the EF-M mount lenses. It has a 24 megapixel camera and LCD framing. The camera captures 1080/ 60p videos and also has a 3’ LCD. You should have no trouble capturing around 295 shots on each battery charge.
Pros of Canon M100
• If you are looking for a more compact camera, the Canon M100 is the way to go as it is smaller and much lighter.
• Users can take more shots from a single battery charge.
• It is easier to pair with other devices.
• The Canon M100 is more affordable as it is more heavily discounted.
Now that you know about the Canon M50 and the M100, you can choose which one to get. Although both cameras are excellent, the Canon M50 is simply better.