When it comes to rubber grommets, they can be used for just about everything. Despite their many uses, not many people know exactly what a rubber grommet is. The fact is that the answer you get will vary from person to person. The reason behind this is their flexibility. You might have come across rubber grommets at a tradeshow and each person offering rubber grommets would offer a different explanation.
Rubber grommets come in different shapes and sizes. There are many different types of rubber grommets that are available. Chances are that you might have come across push-in grommets. They are commonly placed where there are holes. You will find them on rubber shoes and shower curtains. They are used to deal with the holes present. It is due to this reason that they are also known as eyelets.
There are many different uses of rubber grommets. You can find them in production, manufacturing, construction, and at home. Generally, rubber grommets are used for covering rough and sharp edges. They help protect the underlying material. For instance, if a wire needs to go through a hold in the metal, it would be best to use a plastic grommet. On the other hand, rubber grommets are widely used in the automotive industry. They are used as an important part for automotive applications such as for protecting cables, wires, and lines from grazing or chafing onto rough surfaces. Besides this, they also effectively reduce vibration and seal important body and under-the-hood applications.
Generally, you will find rubber grommets being used for protecting and covering holes. When you choose a rubber grommet over any other type of grommet, you also get to receive a ton of benefits as mentioned below.
• Rubber grommets tend to be a lot more weather-resistant.
• They are less likely to be affected by the ozone and UV light.
• When you use rubber grommets, you will also benefit from a higher heat resistance.
• They are a lot more tear-resistant and durable.
• Rubber grommets do not become loose, crack, or dry up easily.
• A great thing about rubber grommets is that they tend to be more resistant to Saltpetre, sulphuric, hydrochloric, and phosphoric acid.
• Bigger temperature spans can be effectively handled by rubber grommets as compared to other types of grommets.
• The best thing about rubber grommets is that they are easier and quicker to install as they can simply be placed on just one side. There is no need for one to reach out to the opposite side for attaching the lock nut.
• The rubber grommet is the ideal grommet since it does not eat up most of the space and protrude.
• It is a lot better ergonomically as there is no need to manually screw it into place.
Now that you know everything about rubber grommets, you can purchase them for all your needs. You will find them to be extremely useful. It is hard to compare them with any other type of grommet.